Engage with us at the 2020 online Convergence Conference
As we move into a school year which will have features much different than past experience, there is at least one constant - the quality and breadth of the program available at Convergence 2020. Of course, the conference will be an online conference so that will be a change. However, the committee has seized opportunities provided by an online environment to develop a great learning experience for registrants.
- A unique delivery platform developed expressly for ATLE. It will provide easy access to the program, a lounge where you will be able to network with colleagues, a virtual exhibition hall with virtual booths.
- A breakout program developed around the three pillars of ATLE activity - learning, leadership and technology.
- Colleagues will be presenting sessions based on their experience and research.
- Hands-on eSports activity through the conference.
- Program structure which will provide opportunity to merge local jurisdiction responsibilities with participation in conference sessions.
- Sessions from the professional development staff of TCEA.
- Sessions presented by topic specialists from other geographical locations.
- A challenging and engaging keynote speaker.
- Vendors who will be able to engage with attendees in matching solutions with the challenges facing K-12 education.
- Ability to network with colleagues within and beyond Alberta.
- Great prizes of a digital nature.
- Collecting ITCOINS for prizes in a game context.
Of course, all sessions will be recorded and available to registrants during and after the conference. This means no frustration because two compelling sessions were in the same time block so you had to choose one and miss another. This means you can experience all the content, even if local jurisdiction responsibilities conflict with programmed sessions. You can address your responsibility and catch the session(s) at your convenience.
PRE CONFERENCE 2020
In addition to an outstanding conference program, there are three exciting pre-conference workshops which are available. These sessions are standalone, requiring separate registration and, in one case, additional registration cost. Even if you cannot attend the conference, we encourage you to register for a pre-conference workshop. All workshops will be held on Tuesday, December 1.
1. G Suite Technical Summit - Presented by Amplified IT. For full description and registration information, please click here. Please note registration costs are in USD.
2. K-12 Education in a Post-Pandemic Era - Facilitated by Catalyst. Have you heard anyone say "It will be different" when talking about K-12 education after the pandemic is in the past. But what is "it"? Catalyst will facilitate a process whereby several scenarios are developed and then participants will determine technical, in-service and leadership requirements for success in each scenario. Thanks to the sponsorship of SMART, this workshop is free but registration will be limited. For this reason we are requesting you register so we can anticipate attendance.
The Great Tech Race! Mining for ITCOIN
Everything you do at the conference can earn you ITCOIN! Earn points by browsing the site, engaging with exhibitors, joining a conversation in the lounge and attending sessions! Prizes can be won for those who have collected the most points.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Mining for ITcoin is easy! All you have to do is ENGAGE with our conference platform! Earn points for clicking different parts of the site AND get special promo codes from vendors, speakers and our conference team to get that ITcoin bank balance building!
2020 Convergence Sponsors
Due to COVID-19 changes have been made to Convergence sponsorship and the conference exhibition hall. Hopefully, this information is sufficient for you to do some budget planning. Convergence Conference Sponsor Registration
The Sponsor Handbook is available now
We have three levels of sponsorship rather than the 5 or 6 for our past conferences. We have also reduced the costs recognizing that everything is virtual so contacts with attendees will be different. That said, here are the basics:
Three levels of sponsorship:
Megabit - $500 (virtual booth, ability to post documents related to services and products, participation in a gamification to encourage vendor-attendee interaction)
Gigabit - $1950 (above features plus embedded YouTube video in booth, live real-time chat tool for interaction with attendees, increased number of available document uploads)
Terabit - $2950 (above features plus Live real-time video chat with attendees, breakout session in the program)
Additional sponsorship options are available with the purchase of the Gigabit and Terabit purchased sponsor group:
- 90-second sponsor acknowledgement and video commercial before a breakout session. $250 per commercial.
- Small banner in the conference platform lobby with direct link to booth - $2000.
- Large banner in the conference platform lobby with direct link to booth - $3000.
If you have any questions, please contact Doug Dietz, Executive Director, ph: (587)747-7715, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keynote Speaker - Leslie Fisher
Leslie Fisher's interest in technology began while studying music at the University of Southern California. She quickly realized the value of utilizing computers for music mixing and recording. She grabbed her 300 baud modem, jumped on the Internet (before anyone really called it the internet) and started looking for music resources. She soon realized she was spending more time discovering technology than playing music so she changed her major and tried to figure out what geeky thing she could do for the rest of her life.
After graduating from USC with a Business and Marketing degree in 1989 and a quick stint as a Trainer, Leslie joined Apple Computer in 1992. When the Internet took off in 1994, Leslie was one of the first Apple employees assigned to study Internet growth and implementation.
In 1997, Leslie was roadkill on Apple's road to recovery and part of their massive lay off. Leslie planned to spend most of her huge severance package golfing and waiting a few months to look for a job. The day after her layoff, her phone began to ring with Apple customers requesting consulting, training and presentation services. Before she could say fore, Fisher Technologies Inc. was created to help educators with their technology implementations and decisions.