Convergence 2021 again demonstrated the popularity of the annual conference. There are a number of reasons to celebrate the success of the conference:
- More than 400 registrations, including 120 registrants from Dominica. The ATLE extended complimentary registrations as part of the partnership with IT for Dominica.
- 32 sponsors joined the exhibit hall to display products and services.
- Several new features were added to the program:
- ITBits to parallel EDBit sessions.
- Rooftop Lounge (informal networking) using a new tool called Kumospace.
- SIS stream of sessions added to the conference program.
- Lounge sessions for unstructured discussions.
- Water cooler conversations with vendors.
- The presentations in the program demonstrated the depth and range of expertise within Alberta while also drawing presenters from across Canada, from Dominica, and from Texas.
- Daily keynotes set a great tone for the day.
- The conference achieved a surplus which will be used by the ATLE board to support operations and activities through the year.
The ATLE Board recognizes and appreciates the work of the planning committee in making Convergence 2021 a success.