Becoming a member of ATLE brings a number of benefits
1. Access to the ATLE discussion platform. There are three principal discussion groups you have the option of joining – Leadership, Education, Technology. In addition, there are some special interest groups which have ongoing conversation. You are welcome to join any of these groups. Looking for peers to discuss a specific topic of interest? Start your own special interest group, either public or private. A public group allows any other member to join the conversation. A private group is limited to peers you have invited to join the conversation.
2. Affiliate membership access – ISTE. ATLE is an affiliate of International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE). There is usually a window of opportunity late in the calendar year when members receive substantial discounts on ISTE membership.
3. Access to a reserved block of hotel rooms at the annual ISTE conference. This international conference is the largest of its kind. As a premier affiliate, ATLE has a block of reserved rooms at a reasonable price in a hotel just a short walk from the conference center. Information on accessing this block of rooms is generally available in mid-November.
4. ATLE members receive discounted registration fees for webinars and symposia throughout the year.
5. An exciting annual conference. Please mark your calendar now for Convergence 2018. It will be held October 24-26, 2018, at the TELUS Convention Centre, Calgary. We have listened to member input in selecting the dates for next year. Planning for the conference will commence early in the new year. Please consider volunteering to help plan the pre-eminent technology and learning conference in Western Canada.
6. Need assistance with a regional technology and learning event? Contact the ProLearn Committee for financial and logistical support – email@example.com.
7. A board which advocates on your behalf within the larger education community.
8. A board and association focused on providing member services and value. Have an idea you would like the board to consider? Contact Todd Kennedy, President (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Doug Dietz, Executive Director (email@example.com).