Alberta school authorities have been doing their best putting governance plans in place to provide compliance with the use of third-party apps from a FOIP perspective. This compliance approach is often off the side of the desk for most districts at a time when student privacy and safety should be front and center.
ATLE is spearheading the development of a provincial repository of resources for third-party app compliance to support schools, teachers and the safety of our children in Alberta.
- Review software using long form and short form evaluation used by two lawyers
- 1200-1400 resources already reviewed
- Provide workshops and training for authority leaders, individuals with direct PIA responsibilities, and teachers
- Experience in FOIPP and privacy in government, health sector, education sector
- Provide research, training, consulting, and legal advice
Join Us on ZOOM December 8 @ 9:00 a.m. featuring Steve Garton from Common Sense Privacy
Register Here : 'Tis the Season for...An "AppED" Solution!
Join our FOIP Considerations mailing list and receive timely updates.
Complete the Get Involved with ATLE Form (choose "FOIP Considerations")
- ATLE is in the process of hiring the Project Manager.
- ATLE is presenting at the ASBOA Issues Forum December 1, 2022.
Additional Shared Resources
PIA Project Update Recording - February 27, 2023
This is the recording of the PIA Project Update held February 27, 2023.