Join us on Wednesdays to chat about Matt Miller's AI for Educators!
At our first meeting, the group settled on the first book of the season - we're excited for January and part of February, 2024 to be reading and discussing Matt Miller's book, AI for Educators.
Want to learn more? Email Memorese Walter for updates and info! Looking forward to some great conversation ahead!
2023-2024 Book Selections
- Technology's Child: Digital Media’s Role in the Ages and Stages of Growing Up, by Katie Davis
- The AI Classroom: The Ultimate Guide to Artificial Intelligence in Education, by Daniel Fitzpatrick
- AI for Educators: Learning Strategies, Teacher Efficiencies, and a Vision for an Artificial Intelligence Future, by Matt Miller (Ditch That Textbook author: https://ditchthattextbook.com/)
- The Esports Education Playbook: Empowering Every Learner Through Inclusive Gaming, by Chris Aviles, Steve Isaacs , Christine Lion-Bailey, and Jesse Lubinsky
- November - January: Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times, by Eric Sheninger
- February - April: The Perfect Blend: A Practical Guide to Designing Student-Centered Learning Experiences, by Michele Eaton
- April 18 - May 9: Inclusive Learning 365: Edtech Strategies for Every Day of the Year, by Christopher Bugaj, Karen Janowski, Mike Marotta, and Beth Poss
Why participate in an ATLE-blendED book study?
- Expand our horizons by reading books that might not normally be on our personal reading lists
- Build upon shared reading experiences with other passionate leaders and teacher leaders in ET, IT, blended learning and beyond, who are reading together across Alberta even across Canada and from the Caribbean
- Guest author visits!
- Ongoing connections via social media and, of course, ATLE events
- Become plugged into a curious and compassionate PLN that has the capacity to inspire you to your next step!
- ATLE's after school book study sessions are all offered for free (no cost other than your independent book purchase)